- Circle of Heat heating element cooks from the sides for moist, even cooking
- Adjustable temperature control (175 degrees to 425 degrees F)
- Removable steel rack for better baking and fat-free roasting
- Roasts, bakes, cooks, steams, slow cooks and serves
- Porcelain cookwell
Since 1932 the Nesco brand name has been synonymous with Roaster Ovens. With a Nesco Roaster Oven you can roast, bake, cook, steam, slow cook and serve. Other than broiling, the Nesco Roaster Oven can do anything a normal oven can do but better and with less energy usage and less heat generated in the kitchen. The Roaster Oven is portable so you can make great tasting meals wherever you go. The exclusive “Circle of Heat” heating element wraps around for moist, even cooking. The automatic temperature control maintains even cooking temperatures from 175 degrees to 450 degrees. Removable steel rack, it’s perfect for single-person households, couples or small families. It’s large enough for a family of six yet portable enough to take to family gatherings, church or community events and outdoor activities.
Now you are ready to discover more ways to make meals that are both healthful and delicious. And, you are ready to experience first-hand the convenience and versatility of this compact portable electric cooking appliance.
Nesco Roaster Ovens have a long tradition in family home cooking, starting in the 1930s. Yet, very few cooking appliances can demonstrate that they are as up-to-date and useful today as they were in the past. Nesco Roaster Ovens have truly kept pace with cooking styles, preferences, occasions and family sizes.
In a short time, you will see the many ways to use your Roaster Oven. Its portability makes it a moveable main cooking appliance at some times, and a valued supplementary appliance at other times. Use it a home on your countertop in your kitchen (no more kitchen heat!) or in a covered patio, basement or garage or away from home in a cabin, RV or boat. Where you use your Roaster Oven, you can prepare a wide range of favorite foods in different ways – baked, slow-coked, roasted, steamed or poached. And serve your foods buffet style or at table-side, right in the Roaster Oven. Moist, good-tasting foods are yours because of Nesco’s exclusive “Circle of Heat” construction. You’ll taste the difference the first time you use your Roaster Oven. So, start cooking with Nesco. Explore all the ways to get the most out of this special home cooking appliance.
HOW TO USE AND CARE FOR YOUR ROASTER OVEN
1. Unpack your Nesco Roaster Oven completely and remove all packaging material and information labels. Place the Roaster Oven in a well ventilated area on a heat resistant surface. Set the control dial to its minimum setting. Plug the cord into a 120 volt AC outlet. Return control to maximum setting (450-degrees F). Operate the Roaster Oven empty (without the cookwell or cover) for approximately 60 minutes, or until any odor or smoking disappears. Some smoke and odor are a normal part of “curing” the element and will not reoccur in cooking use. When curing is completed, turn the temperature control to its lowest setting, unplug the unit from the electrical outlet and allow to cool.
2. Wash the cover, cookwell and rack in warm sudsy water, then rinse and dry. Refer to complete cleaning instructions in manual.
3. Non-stick cookwell: When ‘curing’ your Roaster Oven with a non-stick cookwell, we recommend that it be operated with cover and cookwell. Do this in a covered outside area or other well-ventilated area. After curing and cleaning, and before cooking in your non-stick cookwell for the first time, lightly coat the interior of the cookwell with vegetable oil.
Preheat roaster oven for 20 minutes.
Roasting meat in your Nesco Roaster Oven keeps it moist and tender.
For additional browning, you can add 1 tbsp. browning sauce to oil and brush over skin before roasting.
To sear meat, preheat Roaster Oven at 450-degrees F. Add margarine. Cover, then sear meat for 10 to 15 minutes per side until lightly browned. Stir ground meat once. Time will vary depending on the quantity of meat. Alternative browning method for self-basting turkeys, preheat at 400-degrees F for 20 minutes. Roast bird for 1 hour at 400-degrees F. Reduce heat to 350-degrees using included time chart, 13-18 minutes per pound. During last hour of roasting increase temperature to 400-degrees and remove all excess juices in bottom of cookwell.
…. Read More ….
Buy with confidence from Amazon
Find More Kitchen Appliance Products